Moisture and basis weight sensor A427
The sensor is designed for continuous non-contact measurement of moisture content and surface density of paper web
The sensor provides continuous non-contact measurement of moisture and basis weight of paper web on the reel of paper machine and is used as a primary measuring transducer in automatic process control systems.
The principle of operation of the sensor is based on measuring the intensity of infrared radiation passing through the measured material.
The advantage of the two-block design is that the radiation passes through the measured material and interacts with its entire volume. Also, the small gap between the sensor blocks eliminates the detrimental effect of stray light.
The sensor is adapted for installation on paper web scanners and integration into local control systems. It can also be used autonomously with its own display unit.
- continuous measurement of paper web moisture and basis weight for process control
- the sensor can be calibrated according to customer samples.
- built-in air cleaning system for optical elements
- air cooling system for operation in hot environments
- IP65 protection rating
- does not require frequent and complex maintenance
- can operate independently with its own display unit or as part of local automated control systems.
- Sensor type infrared
- Moisture measurement range 0-15%
- Basis weight measurement range 50-250 g/m2
- Moisture measurement error (absolute) 0,3% max
- Basis weight measurement error (relative) 1,5% max
- Ambient temperature +10 - +60°C
- Communication CANOpen, RS-232
- Analog output 0-20 mA