Moisture sensor for sheet materials A313
The A313 microwave cardboard moisture sensor is designed to measure the moisture content of paper or cardboard as part of quality control systems. The moisture sensor provides the best results when used in conjunction with a radioisotope basis weight sensor.
- a measuring resonator with a two-mode excitation compensates for changes in external temperature and operating gap while the sensor is moving on the scanning device
- measurement of moisture in a wide range of the basis weight without additional calibration
- full-range moisture calibration of the sensor using reference sample, supplied with the moisture sensorи
- automatic calibration of the moisture detector when before leaving the depot
Structurally, the moisture sensor is designed as a microwave resonator with an air gap. It consists of a transmitter and a receiver, which are mounted on the upper and lower platforms of the scanning device. The cardboard web runs through the center of the gap.
The operation of the microwave moisture sensor is based on the significant difference in the microwave range of the complex dielectric permittivity of water and the dry components that make up the cardboard web.
The sensor uses a measuring resonator with a two-mode excitation, which provides stable readings when the resonator gap and the ambient temperature change.
When using the moisture sensor together with the radioisotope mass sensor, the moisture content measurements are corrected based on the information about the basis weight of the web.
- Sensor type microwave
- Moisture measurement range 2 - 15%
- Measurement accuracy ±0,2 % (abs)
- IP rating IP65
- Analog output 4-20, 0-20 mA
- Communication RS232, RS485, CAN