Basis weight sensor (Pm147) A362can
The A362CAN sensor is designed for continuous and non-contact technological control of the basis weight of paper web or other sheet materials below 200 g/m2. The principle of operation of the sensor is based on the measurement of the energy attenuation of the particle flow through the measured material.
The sensor has a built-in reference for compensation of surface contamination of the source and receiver windows. Also, the sensor performs compensation of the air density change in the air gap of the gauge, resulting from temperature and atmospheric pressure changes.
The special design of the inlet window minimizes the influence of ash and web position in the measuring gap on the accuracy of the basis weight measurement by reducing the effect of electron scattering.
The sensor also features an air-cleaning system for measuring windows to maintain measurement accuracy over long periods of use.
- built-in reference for automatic calibration
- compensation for the influence of changes in air density
- compensation of the influence of ash content and web position on the measuring accuracy
- air cleaning system of the measuring windows for a long-term measuring accuracy
- sensor supports connection to local automation systems via CANopen protocol
- Sensor type radioisotope
- Weight measurement range 10 - 180 g/m2
- Isotope element Pm147, encapsulated
- Isotope activity no more 18,5 GBq
- Isotope half-life period 2,64 years
- Limit random weight measurement error (2σ), 1 s time constant ±0,05 g/m2
- Limit random weight measurement error (2σ), 0.1 s time constant ±0,15 g/m2
- Gamma dose rate at device enclosure not more than 1 μSv/h
- Gamma dose rate at 1 m distance not more than 1 μSv/h