Ash sensor (Fe55) A363can
The A363CAN radioisotope ash sensor is designed for continuous process control of paper web ash content as part of quality control systems. The sensor principle of operation is based on the use of X-ray radiation of the Fe-55 isotope. Mineral fillers such as kaolin, titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate, consisting of heavier chemical elements, absorb X-rays stronger than cellulose and water in paper web.
- air cleaning system for measuring windows to maintain measurement accuracy during long-term operation
- sensor measuring windows have a special design that compensates the influence on the accuracy of measurement of the sheet position in the measuring gap
- the sensor supports connection to local automation systems via CANopen protocol.
- Sensor type radioisotope
- Operation principle X-ray
- Ash content measurement range 0 - 30%
- Isotope element Fe55 isotope, enclosed
- Isotope activity not more than 3,7 GBq
- Isotope half-life period 2,73 years
- Limit of acceptable random error of measurement (2σ, 50-200 g/m2, white clay) 0,2…0,8 %
- Limit of acceptable random error of measurement (2σ, 50-200 g/m2, chalk) 0,15…0,6 %
- Gamma dose rate at device enclosure not more than 1 μSv/h
- Gamma dose rate at 1 m distance not more than 0.2 μSv/h