Basis weight sensor (Kr85) A361can
A361can sensor is designed for continuous technological control of the basis weight of paper or other sheet materials. Its principle of operation is based on measurement of attenuation of Kr85 isotope particle flux energy passing through the measured material.
The design of the basis weight sensor includes compensation for changes in air density in the air gap between the sensor blocks, caused by changes in temperature and atmospheric pressure. When calculating the basis weight of paper web, the sensor automatically corrects for the changing in air density.
The special design of the inlet window makes the basis weight measurements less affected by the ash content or sheet position by reducing the effect of electron scattering.
The sensor features an air cleaning system to maintain measurement accuracy over extended periods of operation in dusty environments.
The sensor automatically monitors the air tightness of the radioisotope body for the safety of the operating personel.
- compensation for the influence of changes in air density
- compensation of the influence of ash content and web position on the measuring accuracy
- air cleaning system of measuring windows for the accuracy of measurements during the long-term operation
- automatic monitoring of the radioisotope body tightness
- the sensor supports connection to local automation systems via CANopen protocol.
- Weight measurement range 40 - 700 g/m2
- Isotope element Kr85, encapsulated
- Isotope activity not more than 14,8 GBq
- Isotope half-life period 10,7 years
- Limit random weight measurement error (2σ), 1 s time constant ±0,2 g/m2
- Limit random weight measurement error (2σ), 0.1 s time constant ±0,5 g/m2
- Gamma dose rate at device enclosure not more than 40 μSv/h
- Gamma dose rate at 1 m distance not more than 1 μSv/h